Death of a star
George Best is dead, the story finally ends. The story of one of the greatest footballers of all time, the story of a life ruined by alcohol abuse, the story of a star fallen from grace. May god bless his soul. My condolences to a nation that has lost its all-time football hero.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4380332.stm
Tomorrow's tabloids will talk about his glory and his fall. The tele channels will have their share of programs remembering him, showing us moments from his past life. I will hear it on the radio when I drive to the town center tomorrow. I am sure all of them are well prepared with their news items and programs already, as if waiting for this to happen. (a cruel thought really, well depicted in the Mamooty movie 'Sukrutham' - malayalam http://www.mtvasudevannair.com/php/showNews.php?newsid=11&linkid=2) He will be the topic of many pub conversations and coffee machine chats for a few days. Then the curtain will fall. Life moves on...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4380332.stm
Tomorrow's tabloids will talk about his glory and his fall. The tele channels will have their share of programs remembering him, showing us moments from his past life. I will hear it on the radio when I drive to the town center tomorrow. I am sure all of them are well prepared with their news items and programs already, as if waiting for this to happen. (a cruel thought really, well depicted in the Mamooty movie 'Sukrutham' - malayalam http://www.mtvasudevannair.com/php/showNews.php?newsid=11&linkid=2) He will be the topic of many pub conversations and coffee machine chats for a few days. Then the curtain will fall. Life moves on...



Kaunquest :-) ..liked your id and liked your blog. First time here but there is good stuff.
-Arundhati
Posted by
Arundhati |
2:45 PM
Thanks for visiting. Glad that you liked both - The compliment on the id is a first-time:-)
I am impressed by the awareness campaign on Polioman, good work there.
Posted by
Kaunquest |
8:19 AM